We cleaned up the house and the kids were off by 7:15 - they were going all the way home. I left at about 9:30 for the two-plus hour drive up to Salem. It was a beautiful ride through the rolling hills and lots of agriculture.
I arrived at the hospital shortly before noon. Sam was sitting up in bed and feeling quite perky! She'd had the angiogram procedure earlier in the morning and had one stent installed! This has become a very common and almost routine procedure. We just hung out for the rest of the day with nurses coming and going; an ultrasound tech came in and seemed to take really long time!
We ordered lunch and dinner from the Hospital kitchen, which was quite good! We haven't seen the doctor; probably will first thing in the morning. We're hoping he releases Sam to go home.
This afternoon, while Sam was taking a nap, I hiked about 3 miles around Bush Pasture Park, right across the street. I had discovered this place many years ago when we used to come to Salem for the church's Annual Conference.
By early evening we'd heard that the kids had arrived home safely. I had a not very restful night on the couch in Sam's room.




No comments:
Post a Comment